[Lazarus] A new competitor to Lazarus and Free Pascal

Marc Geldon (SCALA IT) marc.geldon at scalait.de
Thu Nov 27 19:00:47 CET 2008

that is a very "easy" look on this issue!

If RealBasic would have a mySQL and Firebird support, it could be a real
competitor ... also to Delphi!

I would switch or also use RealBasic if it would have native support of
mySQL / Firebird.

Am 27. November 2008 12:22 schrieb Henrique Faria <henrique_faria at msn.com>:

>  I don't think RealBasic is a competitor to Lazarus for the following
> reasons:
>
> 1) They suffer with the same problem of huge executables, after downloading
> the trial, i build a simple form with a menu and a pushbutton and it creates
> an exe of 3200KB. With Lazarus 0.9.27 i create the same form, menu and
> button (after stripped) 1774KB.
>
> 2) The RB IDE use 200556KB of memory against 21256KB of Lazarus.
>
> 3) It costs $100 to $500.
>
> 4) If you don't need an IDE, but want to use Basic, you can use FreeBASIC
> for windows or linux, that is free.
>

> Henrique.

SCALA IT | Internet- und Softwareagentur
Büro Mannheim: L7, 7a | 68161 Mannheim
Firmensitz: Gutenbergstr. 18 | 67112 Mutterstadt

Tel: (06234) 600 57-6
Fax: (06234) 600 57-9

e-mail: marc.geldon at scalait.de
Mobil: (0176) 206 263 04

Inhaber: Marc Geldon
Steuernummer: 41/049/7267/0 (Finanzamt Speyer)