[Lazarus] Main menu hiding

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Oct 25 10:51:47 CEST 2008

Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

>> the menu hiding thing i don't understand either, but you can do it
>> manually on gtk2 with gtk_widget_hide(PGtkWidget(MainMenu.Handle));
>> and show again with gtk_widget_show.  you can see if it's visible with
>> gtk_widget_visible (surprise).
>
> OK, so it can be done manually which is a start. Now all I need to do is
> get Lazarus working- on whatever distro- with v2 so I can see if the
> widget set does it. At present I can't say whether Win-32 is anomalous
> for doing it, or gtk v1 is anomalous for not doing it. And much as I
> want to know I've got limited time.

I can confirm that a form's main menu can be hidden/unhidden on Win-32
and gtk2 but not on gtk1. Sorry but I've not got time to start testing
on Qt- unless somebody really wants me to, in which case I'm going to be
asking lots of questions about the Qt source and qt4intf.

If anybody's interested I've got a test project that demonstrates this
(two controls and one line of code), just say where to send it.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk