[Lazarus] IDE: Win32: MouseWheel Scrolling (SynEdit)

Christian Budde Christian at aixcoustic.com
Mon Oct 27 17:28:09 CET 2008

Hi Martin
> I don't remember all of it, and it's Windows only (so you must find the
> other OS yourself)
> lcl\interfaces\win32\win32winapi.inc line 180
> The Msg send to Synedit is WM_HScroll or something like this. It is also
> worth checking i f the Msg goes th Synedit or the Scrollbar
>
> Good look with this.  Hope someone else can shine some more light on it.

Thanks for the hint! I'll sure have a look later today.
>> Could someone give me a hint where to find and fix this. Or explain me,
>> why the available code in the synedit.pp file can't be used?
>>
>> If I could help out to solve this issue I'd be glad to 'fix' some more
>> (like the annoying Shift+Click, that triggers slightly wrong and makes
>> me continuously enter the wrong unit).
>>
> Can you give an example  what exactly goes wrong with the shift click,
> please? (And which OS?)
If you click on a unit for example, hold the mouse button down (pressed)
and then use the modifier [CTRL] it jumps to the units source
OnMouseButtonUp. In Delphi it only got triggered OnMouseButtonDown. So,
sorry it's not Shift+Click, but Ctrl+Click. However this is very
annoying for me, since I'm continuously entering the wrong units.

All this is Win32. Haven't checked the other OS yet.

Kind regards,

    Christian