[Lazarus] Carbon: 10.4.11 tab key hangs on 10.5.4

EarMaster - Bent Olsen bent at earmaster.com
Wed Oct 29 14:34:00 CET 2008

> I think it is simillar to
> http://mantis.freepascal.org/view.php?id=10054 . I don't have 10.5
> version, but I think there is same option under Keyboard settings. I
> have not found how to detect this settings so far. But it should not
> certainly hang.
>
> Tom Gregorovic

Hi Tom,

I didn't knew about this option under Keyboard settings, but that's exactly
what makes it hang - it doesn't crash, just hangs until you "use the Force"
Quit.

I applied the same settings for my Mac with 10.4.11, and this makes it hang
too - even with a small test program with nothing on it but a TButton.

I noticed in the Mantis a fix is targeted to 1.0, but could I (until then)
be able to work around this by capturing the key event for VK_TAB and make
the controls ignore this on certain forms? I could try...

Or maybe I could investigate a little bit more about this setting.

Best regards,
Normann