[Lazarus] 0.9.26 (FPC 2.2.2) on Slackware and Debian

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Oct 30 17:26:39 CET 2008

Henry Vermaak wrote:
> On 30/10/2008, Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
>> Thanks Andrew, I'll work on it. Is there a way of deducing what packages
>> need to be installed rather than trying anything that looks relevant? So
>> far I'm working through package dependencies of the Debian Lazarus and
>> FPC packages.
>
> these are the basic dependencies for gtk1:
>
> http://packages.debian.org/sid/lazarus-ide
>
> gtk2 dev packages should be easy to guess.  this deb package will have
> to change though, since gtk2 is now the default widgetset on linux.

Thanks Henry. I sorted out the gtk1 dependencies some while ago but in
this case I'm specifically interested in gtk2, which is why I'm hesitant
to simply splurge Debian's lazarus package onto the system.

In part this goes back to the menu problem I mentioned a few days ago,
the fact that this doesn't occur on gtk2 is a big incentive to migrate
to it where possible.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk