[Lazarus] Dear developers, we need your help before releasing 0.9.26

Paul Ishenin webpirat at mail.ru
Fri Sep 5 17:28:02 CEST 2008

Bee wrote:
>> How long do they stay there?  I want to "schedule" a download, but don't
>> want the file to dissappear whilst downloading it.
>>

> Why not just use the SVN? IMO, it's lot easier rather than using
> snapshots. Whenever there is a revision that broken, you can simply
> revert it to the previous working revision. Compiling from source is
> very simple.

Maybe we need to point lazarus users to some build manual (if exists) or
create one (in other case).

But indeed building from svn is very easy:
- to clean and build ide without external components: make clean all
- to clean and build ide with some external component: make clean bigide
- to clean and build ide with all user component: make clean idepkg

Nothing more and no need to download 40mb of snapshots every day. And
also no need to reinstall that snapshots.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.