[Lazarus] lhelp application fails to compile

Lord Satan reimgrab at web.de
Sun Sep 14 15:37:29 CEST 2008

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 22:44:40 +0100
"Howard Page-Clark" <hdpc at talktalk.net> wrote:

> Identifier not found "GetFPImageReaderForFileExtension"
>
> Indeed this function is not in any of the graphics units given in the project's uses clause. > I cannot find it anywhere else either.
> Can anyone shed any light?

This function was removed. There was talk about a replacement system for it but I don't know the actual status. I think the easiest way would be to just write a similar function yourself. This is what I did after the removal. But I also changed my code from using TLazIntfImage to using TFPCustomImage. I don't know if this is an option for lhelp.
Here is my more than simple function:

function GetFPImageReaderForFileExtension(const FileExt: string
  ): TFPCustomImageReaderClass;
begin
  if FileExt='.bmp' then Result:=TFPReaderBMP;
  if (FileExt='.jpg') or (FileExt='.jpeg') then Result:=TFPReaderJPEG;
  if FileExt='.png' then Result:=TFPReaderPNG;
  if FileExt='.tga' then Result:=TFPReaderTarga;
  if FileExt='.xpm' then Result:=TFPReaderXPM;
end;

hope it helps