[Lazarus] [patch] File Browser add-on

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 13:57:33 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 1:38 PM, Vincent Snijders <vsnijders at quicknet.nl> wrote:

>> http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=12178
>
> Applied in r16792.

Thanks.

> Some remarks (tested on windows 2000):
> * I would use {$IFDEF WINDOWS} instead of {$IFDEF MSWINDOWS}. The latter is not
> defined for wince. But maybe you don't want this code to be used on wince.

Can the Lazarus IDE itself actually run on WinCE? I would have
imagined, no.  The IFDEF doesn't really matter, I simply use MSWINDOWS
since forever... :-)  I'll change it if required.

> * On windows it doesn't seem to remember the last selected dir or the the project dir.

I'll look into it.

> * If I have the file browser window open and restart the IDE, the file browser
> window is not restored. I have to choose View -> File browser window again to see it.

A known issue. It also doesn't remember it's position, only size.  I
asked previously how to add File Browser to the list of IDE Windows
(Environment Options | Windows tab), but I didn't get any response.
I've done it before, but that was with code that was built into the
IDE, not with an optional IDE add-on package. Anybody got a clue what
API I can use?

Regards,
  - Graeme -