[Lazarus] Permission denied error with Firebird SS on OSX

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 16:54:29 CEST 2009

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 4:08 PM, Giuseppe Luigi Punzi
<glpunzi at lordzealon.com> wrote:
> I'm starting some projects, and I will develop them from OSX and
> Windows. On windows, seems all ok, but from OSX I'm getting some
> troubles thath stops me now.

It's because Windows has crappy security. :-)

> Now, I can't open any database from Lazarus/SQLdb nor Flamerobin,
> getting an error about 'Permission Denied'.

In Firebird config file (/etc/firebird/2.0/firebird.conf under Linux)
you can setup what directories are allow do have database in. By
default I think not all directories are allowed. It's the
"DatabaseAccess" setting.

Also you need to be sure about your User and Group access writes to
the database file (*.fdb) itself and the write access to the directory
containing the *.fdb files.

> I'm missing something? Is better to install Classic Server instead
> SuperServer? If so, is enough deleting Firebird.Framework directory?

Your problem has nothing to do with Classic vs Super Server installs.
It's a permission issue - that's all.

Regards,
  - Graeme -