[Lazarus] Permission denied error with Firebird SS on OSX

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi glpunzi at lordzealon.com
Fri Apr 3 09:30:07 CEST 2009

Hi Graeme,

Graeme Geldenhuys escribió:
> 2009/4/2 Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz <glpunzi at lordzealon.com>:
>
>> galilea:testfb glpunzi$ ls -all
>> /Library/Frameworks/Firebird.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/examples/empbuild/
>>

> What happens if you move your database into this "examples" directory?
> Can you access it then?

I will test later at home.
>> -rw-rw----   1 firebird  firebird  696320  2 abr 20:55 test.fdb
>>

> As far as I understand, unix OS's have recursive permissions. The file
> might have the correct permissions, but if the directory that file
> lives in does not, you still can't access it.
> What are the permission of each of the following directories. And who
> is the owner and group?
>
>   /Users/
>   /Users/glpunzi/
>   /Users/glpunzi/Documents/
>   /Users/glpunzi/Documents/testfb/
>

> Also, how do you connect to the database? Via IP address or direct
> path (local access)?

I don't think is necessary to change all this permissions to all folders
to access. Is ridiculous.
I always accesed Interbase/Firebird vía local path. I need to publish
with an alias to try from IP true?
I will try to document me a little this morning.

>> Statement failed, SQLCODE = -902
>>

> Have you ever seen such a ridiculous error message - check the
> screenshot again. :-) I always laugh when I see that. Like any user
> will know what that means. :-)

Yeah. Is like an error message saying "Something was wrong". Ok, but what?

Cheers.