[Lazarus] Permission denied error with Firebird SS on OSX

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 09:40:45 CEST 2009

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 9:30 AM, Giuseppe Luigi Punzi
<glpunzi at lordzealon.com> wrote:

> I don't think is necessary to change all this permissions to all folders
> to access. Is ridiculous.

Actually I think you are right. I think the only important directory
is the last one that the database actually lives in.

> I always accesed Interbase/Firebird vía local path. I need to publish
> with an alias to try from IP true?

Type                         Connection string
Local                "/opt/database/mydb.fdb"
Remote             "192.168.0.10:/opt/database/mydb.fdb"

The remote one simply uses the following format:
  <ip address>:<full path to db>

Regards,
  - Graeme -