[Lazarus] update [Re: Code Folding mess and Code Divider feature]

Martin Friebe lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sat Apr 11 01:11:11 CEST 2009

Alexander Klenin wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 01:56, Martin Friebe <lazarus at mfriebe.de> wrote:
>

>>> Sorry, no patch from me, but I can create an issue if you want.
>>> I have no problems with a separate page,
>>> but why do you reject a common list? It seems the best solution to me.
>>>

>> Dividers initially could only be set at places where a fold ended. Now
>> they can be set at places, even if the place is not configured as the
>> end of a fold. So they are a separate feature.
>> Divider-Locations also is a different list than Fold-Locations, so
>> sharing the same list, would be confusing.
>>

> Well, there are already two divider sub-kinds -- nested and normal ones.
> They already display different controls (spin editor vs checkbox,
> second color picker).
> I suggest to add 'Fold' checkbox, in the same vein -- it will be displayed
> only for foldable locations.

As I said there may be more oprtions in future, so better to keep them
separated

>>> BTW, don't you think that per-type divider coloring is an overkill?
>>> Perhaps a single color on Colors page would be sufficient?
>>>

>> Not necessarily.
>> For Example (I use this) I have a normal grey (same as right/80-column
>> border) for procedures (procedures at top-level.
>> But I use a lighter grey for nested procedures. So I can see the
>> difference between nested and top level procs.
>>

> No problem, but how do I globally change divider color then?
> Do I have to change it for every kind of location?

Leave them on default, and change the color of the "right margin" / " 80
char" indicator.
They always used to follow the color of that, they still do.

For all else, it would be cool to make the listbox multi-select => but
that's a lot more work....

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, it goes into collected thought, until I
decide to do something about it....

Best Regards
Martin