[Lazarus] TDateEdit.Date is not published...why?

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Thu Apr 23 16:51:00 CEST 2009

En/na Vincent Snijders ha escrit:
> Vincent Snijders schreef:
>> Graeme Geldenhuys schreef:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Is there any specific reason why TDateEdit.Date is not published?
>>> That's kind of an important property for that component.
>>>

>> You would have to ask Mattias and Aleksey:
>> http://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&root=lazarus&revision=10189
>
> Googling for: Can somebody explain me the reasons behind the changes in
> revision 10189?
> gives:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/lazarus@miraclec.com/msg12342.html

As a side note, nulldate is actually set to a valid date (0 is
30/12/1899), not a common date in everyday use, but one could need it
if, say, managing historical records.
Maybe a more sensible nulldate would be JulianDate or -DateDelta?

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.133)  Fax +34 93 5883007