[Lazarus] TDateEdit.Date is not published...why?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 19:32:41 CEST 2009

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 4:51 PM, Luca Olivetti <luca at wetron.es> wrote:

> As a side note, nulldate is actually set to a valid date (0 is
> 30/12/1899), not a common date in everyday use, but one could need it

Hence my comment about TDateTime and Currency that are not supposed to
have been simple types. :-) They are so flawed in design it's just
scary.  Try and do multi-currency calculations with a Currency type.
Try and calculate the difference between dates or like you pointed
out, setting it to a true null value. Thank goodness for Value Object
design pattern. ;-)

Regards,
  - Graeme -