[Lazarus] IDE editor's NoteBook component problems

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Tue Aug 18 14:27:13 CEST 2009

Martin wrote:

> That wouldn;t work for windows, because tabs are ratoted by 90 degree
> (verical text) if you put them on the side

I did a Google search and found the following. So it must be possible -
it probably just needs some extra settings.

"The application configuration in vs 2005 beta 2 uses horizontal text
with tabs on the left, so some of the code is already there."

And here it is document on how to do it as well.
   http://en.csharp-online.net/TabControl

And for delphi...

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/769285/how-can-i-change-the-orientation-of-the-label-on-a-tpagecontrol
...and here is a screenshot of a delphi app
   http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/9533/56692119.jpg

So it is doable. ;-)  Even if a custom component is used for the IDE
only and not included in the component palette, that should also be ok.
After all, I was told multiple times the IDE is for programmers, not
users (apparently programmers are not users) - so anything should go.

Regards,
   - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/