[Lazarus] GTK2 changed to single-handle-per-form design

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 08:57:56 CET 2009

Marc Weustink wrote:
> On 14-12-2009 15:37, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>> Will this in any way affect LCL?
>
> Not, since it is already the case for most controls. Thats why you
> sometimes can draw a buttoncaption outside a button.

Ah, so that explains it. That problem is quite visible in Lazarus IDE with
CheckBoxes, Radio Buttons and GroupBoxes all painting outside there bounds.
GTK2 library quality seem to be pretty crappy compared to Qt. Maybe the
GTK2 developers (I mean the library developers, not LCL-GTK2 developers)
should learn a few lessons from Qt about correct clipping behaviour. :-)

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/