[Lazarus] Screenshots with a header

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Dec 15 11:03:03 CET 2009

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 01:14:03 +0100
JoshyFun <joshyfun at gmail.com> wrote:

>[...]
> >> 4) The texts "Options", "Target OS", etc, must have some air in the
> >> left. Also the bottom checkboxes. Also the texts does not match the
> >> top of their comboboxes and text edits which produces a serious visual
> >> conflict.
> JM> I moved the texts but I now I experience a same Form Designer problem that I
> JM> had earlier. When I try to move the "Options:" label, other controls move with
> JM> it. As you can see it is too high and can't be moved separately.
> JM> Must do a bug report later.
>
> Controls are being moved quite sure because they are anchored ones to
> others, maybe you must remove all anchors (to other objects) while you
> design.

Maybe Juha has not yet spotted the anchor editor?

> >> 5) "Help" and "Close" buttons must be bigger to allow
> >> internacionalization.
> JM> They are autosized. Made Build and Save Profiles autosized, too. Now Build
> JM> looks too narrow.
>
> Autosized buttons are great for internacionalization but awful from
> the design point of view. Also the Delphi way of placing icons just
> side by side with text is "catastrofic" :) unless you set the same
> button 20 times :)

TBitBtn shows icons depending on platform.
For your own apps your can override this with
Application.ShowButtonGlyphs

> >> 6) Black line below "Profiles", remove or add the same to "Build
> >> options".
> JM> What black line? Are we looking at the same pics?
>
> Yes. It seems to be the 3D effect of the "Add, Remove, Rename"
> toolbar.
>
> >> Maybe this is very platform specific but the advanced should be in the
> >> left side and profiles in the right one due the "Close" button.
> JM> Uh, I don't know about that.
>
> As most people is right hand dealing with the mouse they (or us) have
> some inclination to leave the mouse in the right portion of the screen
> so more important (not used, important) operations should be in the
> right-bottom (in the bottom because most people have screens located
> upper their waists.

This depends on platform.

>[...]

About colors:
Don't mix fixed colors and themed colors.
You can use fixed text color on fixed background or theme color on
theme background, but not fixed color on theme background.

Mattias

Mattias