[Lazarus] Line Endings

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl
Thu Dec 24 07:28:57 CET 2009

Benito van der Zander schreef:
> Hi,
> Is there a way to preserve the line endings of edited files?
> I just switched from Windows to Linux and now Lazarus converts all files
> my files from crlf to lf which makes it difficult to commit them to

Use svn:lineending is native, see for example:
http://www.zope.org/DevHome/Subversion/SubversionConfigurationForLineEndings

> And another problem I had and want to comment about (although I solved it
> already) are the AnsiToUtf8/Utf8ToAnsi-functions.
> I used them to convert between between latin1 and utf-8, and even if that
> is wrong, i think, many people do that, since there is nowhere a warning
> that

Yes, that is misuse of AnsiUtf8, the documentation warns about that:
http://lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.net/docs/rtl/system/ansitoutf8.html

I don't know what would be a better place to warn about it.

Vincent