[Lazarus] Lazarus documentation

Paul Ishenin ip at kmiac.ru
Tue Dec 29 10:27:53 CET 2009

29.12.2009 16:15, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> It did not. It simply said (when I pressed F1) that it couldn't find
> the lhelp executable.

Then it is something wrong with your settings/working copy/process of
IDE building.

>>> * I recompiled the iDE with the -dUseCHMHelp compiler define
>>
>> Open ide.inc and just uncomment it. This is only supposed to work for
>> 0.9.29. Therefore don't try this is you have lower version.
>
> I am. I'm using v0.9.29 r23241 from 23 December at the moment.  I
> added '-dUseCHMHelp' in the 'Tools>  Configure build lazarus>
> Advanced>  options) location. That should do the same thing - I always
> build the IDE from inside the IDE.

1. Open ide/ide.inc and change the {off $define UseCHMHelp} to {$define
UseCHMHelp}.
2. Open terminal and type: "make bigideclean bigide"

Then try again.

>> Try with LCL units first.
>
> I just did and it gives the same error message. Pressed F1 will the
> cursor was over the Controls unit.  Even worse, when the cursor is
> over the Menu unit and I press F1, the whole IDE crashes and closes
> without giving any error message. No idea why it's trying to open
> something in the /tmp directory in the first place. I have setup the
> CHM directory location to /opt/fpc_docs/chm/

It works here both for Classes and for Controls and for any other
identifier.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.