[Lazarus] Lazarus based commercial accounting package

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 08:47:29 CET 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 10:18 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> But what do they do on there own?
>  goSmoothScroll -  I first thought this is what I wanted as described
> above, but on it's own it don't do that.
>  goThumbTracking - isn't this supposed to be the same as
> goSmoothScroll, compared to jumping columns or rows at  a time.

OK, I think I figured it out.

goSmoothScrolling - scrolls pixels at a time, not columns/rows.
goThumbTracking - gives you a like preview of the contents as you move
the scrollbar.

Now isn't it a bit pointless having goSmoothScrolling enabled, but
goThumbTracking disabled by default?  The content might scroll per
pixel, but you don't see any content updating until _after_ you
release the scrollbar thumb button.

I would think the more logical default would be to have both there
options enabled by default. I'm using 0.9.26 and they are not both
enabled by default.

PS:
If my description of these options are correct, I'll update the Grid
docs and send a patch.

Regards,
  - Graeme -