[Lazarus] Debugger problems

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Fri Feb 20 23:42:35 CET 2009

Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:

>> Currently a debugger in Lazarus is barely usable.
>
> Yeah, that is one thing I seriously miss about Delphi and Kylix
> (thought not nearly enough to make me switch back). Is there no way we
> can hook (tie in) the Kylix or Delphi debugger into Lazarus?

Which debugger for what platform? IMO the integration of the GNU/FPC
debugger is the only way to cover all platforms at once.

I cannot sort out what's FreePascal and what's Lazarus specific with
debugger problems. But I wonder about random popups from the debugger at
start of my applications - it looks like uninitialized variables to me,
somewhere in the LCL/RTL?

DoDi