[Lazarus] Zeoslib libc error

Matt Henley nwmatt at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 20:07:11 CET 2009

En/na Reenen Laurie ha escrit:

> Hi all,
>
> I am at the end of my patience, and I have no clue what to do, and this
> project needed to have been done a week or so back.
>
> When I execute attached program (*very* simple).  And open file
> "example.csv" then my showmessage command doesn't display anything.
>
> I am unsure if there is anything in the string, though I think it is.
>
> Please help! How can I get that funny chars to display... even if I have
> to somehow replace them with an ascii counterpart.

The LCL only works with utf8, while your file appears to be cp1250.
You have to either convert the file to utf8 before opening it or convert
it while you read it.
BTW, under linux I see the funny characters, though they're not what
they should be. I don't know it if is because I'm trying with a snapshot
of 0.9.26.1 or because the linux interface is more tolerant with
malformed strings than the windows one.

Bye
--
Luca