[Lazarus] Zeoslib libc error

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sun Feb 22 23:11:40 CET 2009

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 01:07:11PM -0600, Matt Henley wrote:
> I have lazarus installed (svn as of this morning), compiled as amd64
> on linux.  I just downloaded and tried to install the
> ZEOSDBO-6.6.4-stable.
>
> When I try to install the package, I get this error on compilation:

> Fatal: Can't find unit libc used by ZPlainLoader

This is correct, this is a linux/i386 only unit. See
http://wiki.freepascal.org/libc_unit

> There is an entry in the forum which mentions this (
> http://zeos.firmos.at/viewtopic.php?t=1994 ) and they say that libc is
> not needed.

Read that link better, it is not needed in SVN versions, and that change is
not yet in releases.

> Should I just comment out references to libc in the
> source files or is there something else I need to do?  I don't want to
> create an unstable version of zeoslib.

Use a more recent (SVN) ZEOS version, or replace them with calls from the
relevant FPC units. (see above wiki link to get an eye of which units
qualify)