[Lazarus] Does Lazarus have "sizer" or "layout" objects?

Lord Satan reimgrab at web.de
Sat Jan 10 22:05:43 CET 2009

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 19:49:43 +0000
David W Noon <david.w.noon at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> If it's only half as good a Qt's layout classes it will be very good
> indeed.
Did you ever do a 'more complex' GUI with Qt? I am working with Qt in my job and I would gladly trade Qt's layouts for Lazarus' anchoring and friends?
It takes ages to align Qt's layouts and spacers in a way that they work at least a little bit like you wish. The Qt-Designer is more hindering than helping and very often I have more space between my GUI elements than I want to have.
Perhaps me and my colleagues are just too stupid to use Qt, but our GUI design is most of the time 'just good enough' and not like we imagined to do it.
Sorry for ranting, but I can't let a chance to bash Qt's layouts just pass.

Greetings,
The Lord
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.