[Lazarus] Does Lazarus have "sizer" or "layout" objects?

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Mon Jan 12 19:30:26 CET 2009

Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:

>> Looking "correct" and looking "good" are different things. Most designs,
>
> What I meant by "correct", is that after a resize or dpi or resolution
> change, the form is still as you designed it. If you designed a bad
> looking form (that's your problem) it will look bad in all dpi
> settings. ;-)

The form stays as designed, of course, but often the designer's
expectations differ from the layout manager's instructions ;-)

> If you haven't at least looked at the MiG Layout example, then there
> is nothing further I can say. All I know is that it is a lot better
> than anything else I have seen!

On the first attempt I got an invalid jar - can java 1.5 not handle a
version 1.4 jar?

A general problem with demos: they show what has been made work, not the
limits of the tool or library. I don't say that MiG has problems, I'm
only very cautious with too powerful layout and docking managers...

DoDi