[Lazarus] Not sure if the Laz Devs have seen this...

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Thu Jan 22 15:06:10 CET 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 11:47:11AM +0100, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> > I just thought you might be interested in this:
> > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/01/21/git_gaining_ground/
>
> Git is certainly promising (I keep an eye on it since some time),
> but a bit hard on the beginning programmer.

While I don't know Git, comments that I hear is that if you don't use the
distributed functionality heavily, common tasks take longer not shorter.
Some blame the principles, some the (implementation of the) tools.

The article above is like many about GIT. All full of great technology,
little about daily use.

> If there is an interest, then maybe we can set up a git mirror of
> the SVN repository; There seem to be tools for this.
> I believe we have already a mercurial mirror, so we're open-minded :-)

IMHO main repository change is prohibited till after (FPC) 3.0, unless
emergencies occur.