[Lazarus] fsStayOnTop under windows

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Wed Jan 28 18:14:07 CET 2009

Inoussa OUEDRAOGO wrote:
> It recalls me what Raymond Chen ( http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing )
> said about that :
>
> <Quote>
> "How do I create a window that is never covered by any other windows,
> not even other topmost windows?"
> Imagine if this were possible and imagine if two programs did this.
> Program A creates a window that is "super-topmost" and so does Program
> B. Now the user drags the two windows so that they overlap. What
> happens? You've created yourself a logical impossibility. One of those
> two windows must be above the other, contradicting the imaginary
> "super-topmost" feature.
> </Quote>

"logical impossibility"... in the case described above, logic dictates that
neither window could overlap the other... so, if one window is dragged "over"
the other, once released, it should "move" off of the other one toward the
side(s) of itself with the largest area(s) not "over" the other window... when
positioning, it should be possible to drag "under/over" or "through" the other
window with the caveat about what would happen on release... this way you don't
have to go around the other window if you want to swap positions with it...

it doesn't seem so hard or complicated to me... the actual code, on the other
hand, may very well be above my current abilities in this environment ;)

--
NOTE: NEW EMAIL ADDRESS!!

        _\/
_|_Eat_SPAM_to_email_me!_YUM!__|_____ wkitty42 -at- windstream.net

---
Virus Database (VPS): 090128-0, 01/28/2009
Tested on: 1/28/09 12:14:09