[Lazarus] [fpc-devel] ref, user and prog in chm format (updated)

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Thu Jul 30 18:21:29 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 10:06:57AM +0200, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> Nice one, Marco.  Now can this be integrated with Lazarus IDE some how?

There is the chmhelp package.  I also already translated the Windows CHM
api, so an attempt at native CHM support might be doable also.

However I mostly focussed my efforts on the textmode IDE, not Lazarus.

There is still a problem there, showing the index of the LCL chm
systematically crashes the textmode IDE on all platforms and architectures
and I don't know why.

> So that when I press F1 or Ctrl+F1 that lhelp gets launched and shows
> the appropriate context sensitive help?  Like I have done with the Kylix
> 3 HyperHelp - as described in: http://wiki.freepascal.org/Adding_Kylix_Help

I do not know how contextsensitive help works in Lazarus, and I don't have
Kylix. I haven't delved into the code yet, and couldn't find any docs about
it.

I know tcomponent in newer delphi's have textual fields for help purposes
(contrary to the older "integer" based Delphi .hlp and TP support)