[Lazarus] Create a package - how?

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl
Thu Jun 4 07:56:22 CEST 2009

2009/6/3 Zaher Dirkey <parmaja at gmail.com>:
> Why can not define where we like to put our config dir, for example
> make a lazarus.ini lazarus.config in same Lazarus dir and then read
> the path from it.

Because the installation directory in not necessarily writable by
users. Plus one install of Lazarus IDE could be used by many users, so
a single profile location via lazarus.ini will not work. For example,
we have a shared 64bit Linux server with Lazarus IDE installed. Many
developer connect to that machine and use the same copy of Lazarus
IDE, but the lazarus profile (user custom settings) are different for
each user, in their home directories.

Regards,
  - Graeme -