[Lazarus] The default Lazarus profile directory location

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl
Thu Jun 4 13:33:49 CEST 2009

Graeme Geldenhuys schreef:

> Then we should educate the users, or the icon and menu creation
> scripts should be improved to do so. The lazarus developers did not
> include the 'startlazarus' application for their good health - they
> included it for a reason. ;-)

Maybe we should create a GetAppConfigDir branche for Graeme and let him
develop all the needed changes.

I for me, see little gain and am happy to support the logic of
determining the PrimaryConfig dir in 3 locations, rather than debugging
startlazarus and moving primary config paths to paths with spaces and
special (non-ascii) characters.

That is the less concise version of "if it isn't broken, then don't fix it".

Vincent