[Lazarus] Adding units to a project

Antonio Sanguigni a.sanguigni at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 17:37:44 CET 2009

> > My question is: Do I need to create a package to use that units or I'm
> > missing something ?
>
> This is the recommended method if you share units between projects. It
> just works much easier.
>
> If you normally add a unit which lives in a different directory than
> other units, Lazarus normally prompts you to add that new path to the
> unit search path. Did you get any such prompt?
>
> Anyway, creating a package with shared units between projects is a
> much better idea. I use it all the time.

Graeme, I'm trying to follow your suggest but I'm getting some troubles that
I will explain in a few.
Well, I have 5-6 units that are my BOM and with my test projects it seems to
work well. Now I started a new Lazarus project to build a presentation layer
for this BOM I'm using. I created as you said a new package and added it to
my new project inspector as requirements and it seems to find that units.

But now I have another issue I cannot understand, I mean that units of my
BOM cannot find tiOPF units, even if I added tiOPF package into this new
project. Of course, test project with tiOPF package added worked fine.

I hope I was clear.

Thanks
Antonio

--