[Lazarus] Building Lazarus SVN on Mac OS X 10.4 intel

Roland Turcan konf at rotursoft.sk
Tue Mar 31 22:03:12 CEST 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 8:58 AM, Ron Grove <ron.grove at me.com> wrote:
> Having posted on that thread already, I'm not sure I understand your
> comment.  I just checked to see if there were new posts there bashing
> Lazarus or FPC and I don't see it.  One poster thinks Lazarus is a
> "disaster", but it's only one post.

I think Bee meant the overall feeling the Delphi users have against
FPC and Lazarus - not just in that post.  Like I said before, I don't
understand why? CodeGear could benefit from embracing FPC and
vice-versa.

> but we'll see.  The process, from the video, appears to start in
> Delphi where the coding is done, and then exported to a Lazarus format
> primarily just for recompilation on the target platform.

And what happens if things don't work so well under Mac? Can they
modify the code under Lazarus and if so, how do you get those changes
back into the Delphi code?  I can only see that process work for very
simply projects like the one in the demo.

Regards,
  - Graeme -