[Lazarus] Delphi wxWidget plugin for Lazarus

svaa svaa at ciberpiula.net
Tue Mar 31 16:42:20 CEST 2009

Michael Van Canneyt escribió:
> On Tue, 31 Mar 2009, svaa wrote:
>

>> Hello:
>>
>> By the way,  Watching the demo I can see that Lazarus compiles (or
>> complies and links) very slow compared to codegear. And it is just
>> "hello world" program.
>> I have always felt the Lazarus was a little slow, but this demo has
>> shown it clearly. In codegear, the click run pops a progress message for
>> an instant and displays the application running, in Lazarus he has to
>> wait several seconds to see the form running.
>>
>> Do you have any clue of such a difference of performance?
>>

> This is a FAQ since day 1, I think :-)
>
> Delphi works with the compiler in-memory, as a DLL.
> Lazarus has an external compiler, and often the compiler even calls an external linker.
>
> This is a price you pay for a cross-platform solution.

It is a very good clue :-).
Besides this, I suppose gdb executable is nice beast as well.

It is an acceptable price. I wish designing  webs and writing javascript
for  "cross-browser" solution were as cheap. You, lazarus' developers,
have proved that Linux and win32 are more compatible than Firefox and IE.

Santiago A.