[Lazarus] Visual database design software

Michael Fuchs freepascal at ypa-software.de
Thu May 28 14:28:35 CEST 2009

Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:
> I have been using Dezign for Database v2.5.2 for years, but it's
> getting a bit dated now. I know newer versions exist, but it's rather
> expensive.
>
>   http://opensoft.homeip.net/~graemeg/dezign_for_databases.png
>
> Has anybody created something like this using Lazarus, or even thought
> about creating something like this.

Hello,

some time ago I started working on a simple ORM-Mapper for Freepascal
and SQLite. Sadly this project is miles away from a stable point.

But one part will be the design process. I want to write an import
method for .dia-files, extract the UML class model and generate Lazarus
classes, mapping methods and database tables.
Maybe a similar system would be easier to write than a visual designer?

mfg
Michael