[Lazarus] DCPCrypt is updated. Now what?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 11:58:46 CET 2009

2009/11/16 Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org>:

> Really ? I am not so sure about this.
> This should be taken up first prior to continuing.

What would be the issue?  If it's added as a FCL "extra" package (eg:
packages/fcl-dcpcrypt/ ), it is not linked to anything in FPC or FCL,
only shipped with FPC, I can't see any issues.

In theory that should even allow MPL and GPL packages to be shipped
with FPC, because it is only shipped (distributed) with FPC, not
compiled and linked into FPC.

If the license is really an issue, I can always email the original
author of DCPCrypt (if he is still around) and ask if we can
dual-license it for LGPL + static linking exception.

  - Graeme -