[Lazarus] Release 1.0, part 2

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sun Nov 29 10:28:05 CET 2009

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 09:14:52PM -0700, Tom Lisjac wrote:
> The problem I see is credibility... or "if we write a lot of code with
> Lazarus/FPC, will it be maintainable with the project in perpetual
> beta?".

Personally I think this discussion is funny, weeks before 2.4.0 comes out
and lazarus faces a transition to a new resources system.

Anyway, if I have to choose between credibility for Delphi users searching
for a quick fix, and the more deeply committed serious contributing users, I
know which I choose.

The serious users will consider the current restrained version policy as
more serious and see through a cheap spin.