[Lazarus] package with LazIDEIntf and propedits probleme

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Thu Oct 1 06:54:43 CEST 2009

Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 17:56:17 +0200
> wile64 <wile64 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Don't work, don't work, don't work !!!
>>
>> After full test, I am desperate to make it work :(
>> I have some another message like "objectinspector.pp(41,18) Fatal:
>> Can't find unit ObjectInspector used by EnvironmentOpts"
>>
>> If someone can test with the package manager, create a package and
>> then add a new component (no matter the ancestor) and add "uses
>> LazIDEIntf, propedits;" into unit
>> *And try to install package.*
>
> Works here.

why can one not do the following (which is ((would seem to be)) more intuitive)???

Create new package.
Add new comonent.
Add new requirement "IDEIntf".
Add uses LazIDEIntf, propedits.
Save it.
Install package.

in other words, why must saving something be the second step before adding or
completing the basic steps??

i think i have run into similar while trying to convert delphi stuffs... one
procedure says to create a new program, save it, open the existing delphi
stuffs, do some sort of conversion, then do delphi unit consersion stuffs and
then save... must saving be part of the conversion and before the building
and/or compiling???