[Lazarus] package with LazIDEIntf and propedits probleme

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Oct 1 12:02:26 CEST 2009

On Thu, 01 Oct 2009 00:54:43 -0400
waldo kitty <wkitty42 at windstream.net> wrote:

> Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> > On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 17:56:17 +0200
> > wile64 <wile64 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Don't work, don't work, don't work !!!
> >>
> >> After full test, I am desperate to make it work :(
> >> I have some another message like "objectinspector.pp(41,18) Fatal:
> >> Can't find unit ObjectInspector used by EnvironmentOpts"
> >>
> >> If someone can test with the package manager, create a package and
> >> then add a new component (no matter the ancestor) and add "uses
> >> LazIDEIntf, propedits;" into unit
> >> *And try to install package.*
> >
> > Works here.
>
> why can one not do the following (which is ((would seem to be)) more
> intuitive)???
>
> Create new package.
> Add new comonent.
> Add new requirement "IDEIntf".
> Add uses LazIDEIntf, propedits.
> Save it.
> Install package.
>
> in other words, why must saving something be the second step before
> adding or completing the basic steps??

Packages have stronger checkings than projects. They always need to be
in a well defined state. That means they need a filename.

I changed it. Now the IDE asks immediately on creating a new package to
save it.

> i think i have run into similar while trying to convert delphi
> stuffs... one procedure says to create a new program, save it, open
> the existing delphi stuffs, do some sort of conversion, then do
> delphi unit consersion stuffs and then save... must saving be part of
> the conversion and before the building and/or compiling???

There are many ways to convert a Delphi project. There is no single
best way. I recommend to save often.

Mattias