[Lazarus] A report on documentation editors

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 07:34:31 CEST 2009

Alexander Klenin schreef:
> On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 03:47, Vincent Snijders
> <vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl> wrote:
>> Alexander Klenin schreef:
>>> I want to start documenting TAChart components.
>>> How should I proceed? Where should I put it?
>>> In the light of recent help discussion, what tool/format should I use --
>>> lazde, lhelp, that new tool Greame is writing?
>>>
>> You should use fpdoc format. You can edit that lazde or with the internal
>> fpdoc editor (or any xml or text editor).
>>
>> fpdoc can generate html for online help, chm for lhelp and other chm viewers
>> and in the future Graemes IPF format for using Graemes help viewer.
>
> Ok, where should I put it?

In a subdirectory under lazarus/components/tachart, for example doc or
fpdoc. I don't know if we already have fpdoc xml files for packages in
or tree. Don't forget to enter the directory in Package Editor ->
Options -> IDE integration -> FPDoc files path.

> How many files should I create -- single file, file per unit, file per class?

You can use the makeskel tool (distributed with fpc) to create a new
fpdoc xml file, one for each unit.

Vincent