[Lazarus] editor details

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Tue Apr 20 13:56:11 CEST 2010

On 20/04/2010 09:32, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> Martin schrieb:
>
>> Macros (as in replay) don't yet exist. However I found most times
>> people ask for this, it can  be perfectly done, by regular-expression
>> replace
>
> For me it's not a matter of *what* can be done, but of *how* it can be
> done. I am not a commandline freak, and I use regular expressions only
> after reading the syntax once more. In so far macros are much more
> intuitive to me, but it must be many years ago, when I wrote a macro
> myself.

I fully understand. Macros are for many people easier to use. Speaking
of reg-ex should by no means mean that macros shouldn't be done.
Unfortunately at current, macros share the fate of many good features.
They wait until someone has the time to implement them.

Macros itself can be broken down into 2 categories:
- record and replay (based on keystrokes)
- script language macros

of course, if you have a script language, this includes record and replay.

> BTW, I also would like to have the Close button on editor pages on
> Windows, on demand. An according option already exists, but it seems
> not to work. It's much easier to click on such an button, instead of
> selecting a page with the mouse, and then use the keyboard or further
> mouse clicks to close the page.

Windows by default doesn't have that. only option is to make tabs owner
drawn.
I have no idea what the plans or acceptance towards this is....

BTW, you can middle-click the tab to close it, if your mouse has a
middle button (or wheel that can be clicked). CTRL-middle click does
close *all* other tabs.

Martin