[Lazarus] Lazarus platform "popularity contest"

Bernd Kreuss prof7bit at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 11 13:15:07 CEST 2010

On 10.08.2010 22:29, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> I don't know how anybody else feels, but I'd have no objection to a
> "popularity contest" extension which submitted anonymous platform
> details

This would be cool! Maybe even FPC itself could create these statistics.
Something like this with really big numbers (after aggregating all
users) would look quite impressive:

Millions (billions?) of Lines compiled

             this month    last month   total lines  total time
host arch
total        xxxxxx        yyyyyy       zzzzzzz      tttt
386          xxxxx         yyyyy        zzzzzz       ttt
x64          xxxxx         yyyyy        zzzzzz       ttt
arm          xxxxx         yyyyy        zzzzzz       ttt
[...]

target arch
total        xxxxxx        yyyyyy       zzzzzzz      tttt
386          xxxxx         yyyyy        zzzzzz       ttt
x64          xxxxx         yyyyy        zzzzzz       ttt
arm          xxxxx         yyyyy        zzzzzz       ttt
[...]

cross comp.
386->x64     xxxx          yyyy         zzzz         tt
386->arm     xxxx          yyyy         zzzz         tt
[...]

host OS
win32        xxxxx         yyyyy        zzzzzz       ttt
linux        xxxxx         yyyyy        zzzzzz       ttt
osx          xxxxx         yyyyy        zzzzzz       ttt
wince        xxxx          yyyy         zzzz         tt
[...]

target OS
win32        xxxxx         yyyyy        zzzzzz       ttt
linux        xxxxx         yyyyy        zzzzzz       ttt
osx          xxxxx         yyyyy        zzzzzz       ttt
wince        xxxx          yyyy         zzzzz        tt
[...]

cross comp.
win32->wince xxxx          yyyy         zzzz         tt
win32->linux xx            yy           zz           t
win32->osx   x             y            z            t
[...]