[Lazarus] SQL parser

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Aug 17 10:10:16 CEST 2010

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010, Michael Schnell wrote:

> This does sound great !
>
> Will this help creating new high performance database enabled projects, that
> don't need a user interface (such as DBGrid type of components ?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean with this ?

> Could it be used to do database operations in a more Pascal-developer
> friendly way than directly writing SQL in the application ?

If you wish, yes.

One of the things I've been thinking about is integrating it with tiOPF,
so one wouldn't need to write SQL any more.  You could use it to reverse
engineer all used SQL statements and convert it to something more OOP.

However, my main use case will be run-time modification of design-time
SQL statements.

Another thing it could be used for is creating a visual query builder.
It should be easily doable now.

Michael.