[Lazarus] SQL parser

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Aug 17 10:28:34 CEST 2010

  On 08/17/2010 10:10 AM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> I'm not sure I understand what you mean with this ?

(As in many cases) I'm not writing for my own benefit, as I'm not at all
a typical Delphi/Lazarus user :) . )

I once did a quite small project doing a kind of "embedded" server-type
application that high-performance database access. I did this using
Delphi and coding the database operation in SQL.

Now my colleagues, the "Pascal division", often needs to do similar
stuff, but they don't want to write native SQL code, but use things like
DBGrid and "visual" thread party components to access the database, even
if the screen display of the application is only needed for debugging
and never seen by an end-user.

So a means to code database operations in a more Pascal-developer
friendly way might be very welcome.

-Michael