[Lazarus] TSplitter

Richard Saunders saunders.richard.p at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 15:52:24 CEST 2010

  Bernd-

There are often different interpretations of "intuitive" so it is far
from the universal, objective attribute you seem to view it as.

The original designers of TSplitter found it more useful, and possibly
more intuitive from the beginning, to have splitters always aligned to
something else. Maybe that's not how you would have done it but that's
the way it started and always has been and I think its too late to
change now.

Maybe you can invent something called a TSpacer and have it start out
aligned to nothing and have other controls then align to it rather than
the other way around. If you can work around the inherent problems that
produces (that you don't seem to have discovered yet) then I may switch
to use TSpacers.