[Lazarus] Lazarus and SPARC Solaris

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Dec 20 10:39:22 CET 2010

I've now got a Solaris 10 SPARC system set up here, limited disc space
etc. and not (yet) on a public IP address.

I've got FPC installed and self-building subject to a couple of minor
issues (0018271) and am now having a bash at building Lazarus. If I do a
gmake clean I get to here

Compiling lconvencoding.pas
Fatal: Can't find unit iconvenc used by LConvEncoding
Fatal: Compilation aborted
gmake[1]: *** [alllclunits.ppu] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/export/home/share/lazarus-trunk/lcl'
gmake: *** [lcl] Error 2

which is presumably caused by

{$IFNDEF DisableIconv}
{$IFDEF UNIX}{$IF not defined(VER2_2_0) and not
defined(VER2_2_2)}{$DEFINE HasIconvEnc}{$ENDIF}{$ENDIF}
{$ENDIF}

uses
   SysUtils, Classes, dos, LCLProc
   {$IFDEF HasIconvEnc},iconvenc{$ENDIF};