[Lazarus] Adding codepage-support to the RTL (making LConvEncoding obsolete)

José Mejuto joshyfun at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 17:59:44 CET 2010

Hello Lazarus-List,

GF> UnicodeBlockMapping can be taken off. I have implemented it
GF> for further enhancements. But if there is no need, no problem. By
GF> the way, this was in LCLProc before, I have only updated to
GF> Unicode V 6.0.0 and added the Uppercase-tables.

Keep waning about upper/lower tables, they are country dependent and
your tables seems to be the country agnostic ones. I know that adding
the country exceptions are quite difficult as it happends to me.

The UTF8 decoders included in your code (the same as LConvenconding)
are highly insecure and do not pass the stress test due remove failed
sequences (character must be replaced by an error indicator to be
secure) and output wrong sequences as good codepoints.

--
Best regards,
 José