[Lazarus] Message dialogs in Lazarus

Darius Blaszyk dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl
Sun Dec 19 21:00:02 CET 2010

Hi Brian,

It's not my thing normally to reply to rants, but I simply could not
resist. From time to time threads lead to discussions where people
express their grief with Lazarus (to say it mildly). Perhaps we should
create a FAQ on this ;) But to your remarks I can say only this;

If you have any issues with Lazarus then do something about it yourself,
other than accusing others not to work on what you think is important.
Please answer the following question for yourself: what have you
constructively done to improve Lazarus?

Things that you could do, according to your expertise on the subject as
follows from your email;

- create a proposal to improve the release protocol for stable releases
- improve the comprehensive test suite for the GUI so it covers all
features of Lazarus. Please don't forget also all combinations of all
features.
- implement a basic layout manager. While you're at it could you also
integrate it with the design editor? It will make our lives more easy.

Once you have done all this, and the quality is good enough I'm sure the
core developers will grant you SVN access. Development of Lazarus will
go faster for you and the future of Lazarus will look shiny again.

Please keep us informed of your progress.

Regards, Darius