[Lazarus] Lazarus and SPARC Solaris

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Dec 21 21:49:22 CET 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 07:23:58PM +0000, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> I can see clocale RTL files:
>
> ./fpcsrc/rtl/unix/clocale.pp
> ./fpcsrc/rtl/bsd/clocale.inc
> ./fpcdocs/clocale.xml
>
> I presume that I need to do something like finding why clocale.pp isn't
> being compiled for Solaris (i.e. Makefile.fpc somewhere),

Correct. And maybe add to the conditionals to include it.

> copy bsd/clocale.inc to solaris/clocale.inc, and modify clocale.pp to
> include it if being compiled for Solaris- at present the options appear to
> be BSD or Linux.

Yes. Note that clocale.pp includes the linux implementation. It might be
closer to Solaris than BSD.

> Could somebody please confirm or tell me that I'm heading in the wrong
> direction.

Fine. Don't bother too much about the makefile shenigans. Just hackety get
it running/updated to confirm it works fine on Solairs.

Then put a patch (adding solaris/clocale.inc and a patch for unix/clocale.pp
to include the solaris .inc) in the bugtracker.

I'll do the rest.

Note: I can enable packages/ for solaris too. But I would like to do that as
much as possible in one mutation/commit. That makes merging back to 2.4.x
easier.