[Lazarus] Docked IDE wndows are not dockable, because...

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Wed Dec 22 16:10:46 CET 2010

Sven Barth schrieb:

> As I'm using an IDE with Anchor Docking enabled since some days I'd like
> to help you here.

Support for anchor docking may be the reason why Delphi compatible
docking doesn't work any more :-(

> What exactly is the problem? I have a docked IDE and can dock/undock
> windows as I please.

Most annoying and Delphi incompatible are:

- CaptureControl is changed while dragging is active, causing abort

- wrong positions passed to subroutines, causing malfunction and
misplaced DockRect (flicker...)

- the Vista+ DockWindow (for DockRect) consumes the messages that the
DockManager should receive

DoDi