[Lazarus] Made dockable IDE work :-)

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sun Dec 26 19:18:22 CET 2010

Sven Barth schrieb:

> I am using anchor docking without any problems with docking and
> undocking windows (on Linux as well as on Win32). I have also tried easy
> docking on Win32 at first, but while docking and undocking itself worked
> it had some other troubles (I don't say that anchor docking has no
> problems, but they are less troublesome ^^).

Now I managed to make EasyDocking work again on Win7 with the Lazarus
trunk, and also in the IDE :-)

Unfortunately I only could produce an big patch, covering all updates to
the examples/dockmanager, LCL and IDE. I attached it for all curious
users, and hope that it will not be removed by list restrictions.

The patch addresses (amongst others):

+ Full screen extent (including negative origin) in TScreen.Bounds,

+ Better IDEDockManager integration, some methods added, general
ShowAllForms etc. procedures check for the presence of an
IDEDockManager. This could be further extended, so that the IDE does not
have to care at all about an DockManager.

+ Fixed some DragManager flaws, in detail CaptureChanged and DockForm.

+ Improved TControl.Floating, using a new TFloatHost base class for all
floating sites.

+ Seems to work with AnchorDocking as well.

Enjoy :-)

DoDi